Supports Socket-754 for AMD K8 Athlon™ processor up to 3400+.
(For the latest information about CPU, please visit http://www.msi.com.tw/program/
nVIDIA nForce3 250Gb
– Supports K8 Athlon64 processor S-754, 800MHz Hypertransport interface.
– Supports single memory channels, DDR 400/333/266 without ECC support.
– Supports external AGP 4X/8X
– Integrated Serial ATA interface: dual channel 4 S-ATA RAID controller and dual
channel ATA 133/100/66/33 master mode EIDE controller.
– Integrated nVIDIA MAC for Gigabit LAN.
– Supports 8 high speed USB2.0 ports.
– AC’97 2.3 compliance.
Supports 3 slots for 184-pin DDR DIMM modules
Supports the memory size up to 3GB (for DDR333/266) / 2GB (For DDR400) .
Supports DDR 400/333/266.
(For the updated supporting memory modules, please visit http://www.msi.com.tw/
One AGP (Accelerated Graphics Port) 1.5v 4X/8X slot
Five 32-bit PCI bus slots (support 3.3v/5v PCI bus interface)
An IDE controller on the nVIDIA nForce3 250Gb chipset provides IDE HDD/CD-ROM
with PIO, Bus Master and Ultra DMA133/100/66 operation modes
Can connect up to four IDE devices
Integrated SATA PHY, supporting up to 4 ports
One SATA controller, supporting 4 drives in master mode
On-Board Peripherals include:
– 1 floppy port supports 1 FDD with 360K, 720K, 1.2M, 1.44M and 2.88Mbytes
– 1 serial port
– 1 parallel port supports SPP/EPP/ECP mode
– 6 audio ports
– 8 USB ports (Rear * 4/ Front * 4)
– 1 RJ-45 LAN jack
– 3 IEEE 1394 connectors (Rear * 1/ Front * 2)
nVIDIA nForce3 250Gb LAN controller
– Integrated Fast Ethernet MAC and PHY in one chip.
– Supports 10Mb/s, 100Mb/s and 1000Mb/s auto-negotiation operation.
– Compliant with PCI v2.2.
– Supports ACPI Power Management.
Realtek ALC850 7.1-channel audio codec
VIA PCI IEEE 1394 controller (3 ports supported)
NV RAID (Software)
Supports 2 serial ATA plus 1 ATA 133
– RAID 1, or 1, o+1, JBOD is supported
– Booting from RAID
– Cross controller RAID support
– Rebuilding on the Fly
– Spare Disk Allocation
Supports Windows 2000 and later versions
The mainboard BIOS provides “Plug & Play” BIOS which detects the peripheral
devices and expansion cards of the board automatically.
The mainboard provides a Desktop Management Interface (DMI) function which
records your mainboard specifications.
Mounting and Dimension
ATX Form Factor: 24.4 cm (L) x 30.5 cm (W)
9 mounting holes
MSI Reminds You…
1. Please note that users cannot install OS, either WinME or Win98, in
their SATA hard drive. Under these two OSs, SATA can only be used
as a normal storage device.
2. To create a bootable RAID volume for a Windows 2000 environment,
Microsoft’s Windows 2000 Service Pack 4 (SP4) is required. As the
end user cannot boot without SP4, a combination installation CD
must be created before attempting to install the operating system
onto the bootable RAID volume.
To create the combination installation CD, please refer to the following